Try this for 21 Days?
- GENRE : Self-help book.
- AUTHOR :By Hal Elrod, 7 December 2012.
- Original Language : English
- Rating : 4.8/5
What if you could miraculously wake up tomorrow and any—or every area of your life was transformed? What would be different? Would you be happier? Healthier? More successful? In better shape? Would you have more energy? Less Stress? More Money? Better relationships? Which of your problems would be solved?
What if I told you that there is a “not-so-obvious” secret that is guaranteed to transform any—or literally every area of your life, faster than you ever thought possible? What if I told you it would only take 6 minutes a day?
Hal Elrod’s Personal Story
This book begins with the personal story of the author of the book “THE MIRACLE MORNING”, Hal Elrod.
You only live….twice?
After becoming one of the top-producing sales reps for a $200 – million marketing company, On 3 December 1999 Hal Elrod became the victim of an accident at the age of 20. His heart stopped beating and was clinically dead for about 6 min. Waking up after 6 days to hear that he won’t be able to walk again. After weeks of recovery, learning to walk again he was released to his parents care. With 11 fractured bones, permanent brain damage and now a ex-girlfriend. He Believed it, this would turn out to be a good thing.
- Wake up to your FULL potential.
- The Miracle Morning origins: born out of desperation.
- The 95% reality check.
- Why did you wake up this morning?
- The 5 step snooze-proof wake-up strategy.
- The life S.A.V.E.R.S: six practices guaranteed to save you from a life of unfulfilled potential.
- The six- minute Miracle Morning.
- Final thoughts on the book.
Chapter 1: Wake up to your FULL potential.
“You’ve got to wake up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction”-George Lorimer
According to Hal Elrod, People go on to accept mediocrity for their own lives and settle for less in their life. He states that when a baby is born, we often refer to them as ‘the miracle of life’ but then forget about the fact that we ourselves are living. He says, that in order to achieve a level 10 success we must first become a level 10 person that is capable of creating, attracting, achieving, and sustaining level 10 success in every area.
“The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams”-Oprah winfrey
Benefits of Miracle Morning:
- Wake up every day with more energy.
- Lower your stress
- Improve your Health.
- Gain the clarity to overcome any challenge.
- Begin living your life’s purpose.
- Stop settling for less than you truly desire and deserve.
Chapter 2: The Miracle Morning origins: born out of desperation
“To make profound changes in your life, you need either inspiration or desperation”-Anthony Robbins
Hal hit the rock bottom twice in his life. He says that he was fortunate to hit rock bottom because it taught him the lessons that enabled him to become what he is right now.
First rock bottom: Dead at the scene.
Through which he learned eight lessons in his life, which is stated in his first book, (Taking Life Head On: How To Love The Life You Have While You Create the Life of Your Dreams.)
Second rock bottom: deep in debt and deeply depressed.
Even after surviving car accident, launching six-figure success coaching business, and writing a bestselling book, he was again challenged, the successful business was suddenly no longer profitable and he was unable to pay his bills. He stated that, debt was worse than death because after the car accident, he was always surrounded by family and friends showering him with love and support. But the second time around, nobody came to came to care and support because people had their own problems to deal with.
The morning that changed Hal Elrod’s Life:
A single morning he woke up feeling depressed and decided to go for a run, taking his friends advice to clear his mind. While running he was listening to a personal development audio from Jim Rohn and heard something which was going to change his life.(This personally changed mine)
“Your level of success, will rarely exceed your level of personal development, because success is something you attract by the person you become”
Challenges that he encountered:
- Finding Time
- Doing what’s most impactful
The Miracle Morning:
He chose six activities that he thought would have the most immediate and dramatic impact on his Life. I will try to jot down the exact activities that he implemented in his life.
- Silence – Sitting in silence, praying, meditating, and focusing on breath, for 10 minutes.
- Reading – For people who feel they don’t have time to read or want to develop the habit of reading.
- Affirmations – Affirmations are really simple, short and powerful expressions. When you say, think, even hear them, they become thoughts that create reality.
- Visualization – Have a vision board or visualize what you desire to become and feel every bit of it until a moment when it starts to feel real and it will become your reality. Enjoy this process and have a strong vision in life.
- Journaling – This is where you write down your thoughts in a diary making yourself free from repeating thoughts.
Examples of Affirmations:
- Everyday, in every way, i am getting better and better.
- Every failure can be a learning experience.
- I create value in other peoples lives.
- I can overcome obstacles in my life.
- I’m a proactive problem solver.
Chapter 3: The 95% reality check
“The story of the human race is the story of men and women selling themselves short”-Abraham maslow
Here the author says that, 95% of our society settles for far less than they want in life, wishing they had more and living with regrets. He states that only 5% among us will become successful in creating a life of freedom, 95% will keep toiling their entire life.
3 steps to rise above mediocrity and join the top 5% :
- Acknowledge the 95% reality check
- Identify the cause of mediocrity
- Rear- view mirror syndrome – Our subconscious mind constantly tries to relive and recreate our past. Our mind continues to believe what we were in the past, limiting our selves to grow and programing us to stay in our comfort zone.
- Lack of purpose – Live a life of purpose.
- Isolating incidents – Realize that everything that we do affects who we’re becoming, which is determining the life that we will ultimately create and live. when you see the big picture you start to take the alarm clock more seriously.
- Lack of accountability – Be responsible for the actions you take.
- Mediocre circle of influence
- Lack of personal development
- Lack of urgency
- Draw your line in the sand – Don’t procrastinate, start today!
“Always remember that where you are is a result of who you were, but where you go depends entirely on who you choose to be, from this moment on”
Chapter 4: Why did YOU wake up this morning?
“Your first ritual that you do during the day is the highest leveraged ritual, by far, because it has the effect of setting your mind, and setting the context, for the rest of your day”-Eben pagan
‘You snooze, you lose’ has a deeper meaning than any of us realized. Most of us tend to snooze our alarms without realizing the fact that it will eventually create a negative impact on my life. Most of the people delay until the last minute to get out of bed and start the day. People who keep procrastinating things will eventually never do them or will make silly mistakes. Some people follow a myth i.e. They tend to work better and efficient under pressure and deadlines. But the fact is this will make them more prone to making mistakes cause distress.
Chapter 5: The 5 step snooze-proof wake-up strategy.
- Set your intentions before bed – The key to remember is this: Your first thought in the morning is usually the last thought you had before you went to bed. Make sure that you consciously decide what you think before you go to sleep.
- Move you alarm clock across the room
- Brush your teeth as soon as you wake up
- Drink a full glass of water
- Get dressed in your workout clothes
Chapter 6: The life S.A.V.E.R.S: six practices guaranteed to save you from a life of unfulfilled potential.
“An extraordinary life is all about daily, continuous improvements in the area that matter most”-Robin Sharma
Your life is not what you think it is – Here the author means that, most of us just busy trying to manage, maintain, or even just survive our life situation that we don’t make time to focus on what’s most important- our life. i.e. Our personal development. By focusing on ourselves and developing in the areas which will help us bring positive changes in our lives.
“Our outer world is a reflection of our inner world”
The six Life SAVERS:
- Silence (5 minutes)
- Affirmations (5 minutes)
- Visualization (5 minutes)
- Exercise (20 minutes)
- Reading (20 minutes)
- Scribing ( 5 minutes)
S is for Silence
“You can learn more in an hour of silence than you can in a year from books-Mathew Kelly
How you start your day is very important because it sets your state of mind throughout your day. Do you wake up every morning and feel invigorated, calm, excited ? Most of us are so obfuscated in our lives that we start our day by procrastinating to get up from our bed. Silence is one of the best ways to reduce stress while increasing self-awareness.
You can practise SILENCE using some of these activities:
- Deep breathing
A is for Affirmations
“It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. Once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen”
Affirmations are one of the most effective tools for quickly becoming the person you need to be to achieve everything you want in your life. Your subconscious mind plays an important role in making you believe that you can do those things when you feed your mind constantly with positive affirmations. Make sure that you don’t feed your mind with, I can’t, I won’t, Stop yourself at the very moment and speak with clear vision that you can and you will. Have you ever noticed that sometimes you start singing songs that you don’t like or have never heard recently but start humming the song? Your subconscious mind is active every sec of your life, Constantly doing tasks such as pumping blood to your heart, keeping your organs work etc. Even you can take advantage of such Affirmations.
V is for Visualization
Some people are limited by their visions of past, they keep on limiting themselves by thinking about the past resulting in lack of stability and causing distress. Using creative visualization will help oneself to clearly set a vision for their life. You can visualize about anything that you desire to become or want in life. Utilise Miracle Morning to visualize your future self or maybe your dream house, or a dream position in life. Make sure that when you visualize your goal, experience it as real as possible. Believe in the law of attraction.
E is for Exercise
“If you don’t make time for exercise , you’ll probably have to make time for illness.-Robin Sharma
Exercise should be an important part of your life. when you exercise for even a few minutes every morning it significantly improves your energy, metabolism, confidence, emotional well-being and enables you to think more clearly. Benefits of morning exercise are too many to ignore from waking you up and enhancing your mental clarity, to helping you sustain higher energy levels.
R is for Reading
“A person who won’t read has no advantage over one who can’t read”-Mark Twain
Reading is one of most immediate method to acquire knowledge, ideas, and strategies. Read books from successful people who have already achieved what you want to do. The fastest way to achieve success is by learning from their mistakes. Don’t reinvent the wheel. Model successful people who have already achieved it. There are infinite number of books to read from and gain unlimited amount of knowledge by reading everyday.
Favourite books of Hal Elrod:
- The millionaire fastlane by MJ DeMarco
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker
- Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
S is for Scribing
“Whatever it is that you write, putting words on the page is a form of therapy that doesn’t cost a dime”-Diana Raab
Scribing is the final practise of the life S.A.V.E.R.S. and it is just another word for writing. By getting your thoughts out of your head and writing it on a paper will help you get valuable insights you’d otherwise never see. It also helps you clear your mind and track your everyday progress.
Benefits of Writing:
- Gain clarity
- Capture ideas
- Review lessons
- Acknowledge your progress
Chapter 7: The six- minute Miracle Morning
“On the one hand, we all want to be happy. On the other hand, we all know the things that make us happy. But we don’t do those things. Why? Simple. We are too busy. Too busy doing what? Too busy trying to be happy”-Matthew Kelly
I think we all can agree that investing a minimum of six minutes into becoming the person we need to be. Miracle Morning can be customized depending upon your day or your schedule. But giving a minimum of 6 minutes for you personal development in this busy world is a must.
- Minute one – wake up peacefully with a sense of gratitude. Spend this first minute sitting quietly and breathe deeply.
- Minute two – Read your affirmations.
- Minute three – Close your eyes and envision your goals.
- Minute four – Take a minute to write down your thoughts.
- Minute five – Read a page of self-help book.
- Minute six – Exercise.
After reading this book, I thought of putting Miracle Morning into practice and to my notice waking up early every morning solves the problems of people who say that “WE DON’T HAVE TIME” After starting my Miracle Morning routine I felt i had all the time in the world. I developed a habit of reading book everyday for an hour in the morning along with that i learned to handle my mood in a better way. Who doesn’t have mood swings? By getting up early and doing things before everyone else brings a sense of motivation and confidence. Now, even when i wake up after 6 am i feel like i missed out on something and feel cheated to myself (who was once not a morning person) that’s the power of this book. I say that, you only take one thing from this book, If you want to be successful and be among the top 5% of the people if you want all those things in life for which they’re giving their blood, sweat, tears then understand that it ain’t free.
Give it a try! Please let me know in the comment section which part you liked the most and what you learned. Thank you so much for sticking until the end.